Academic and industrial Demos
|24 July 2020||Submission Deadline|
|28 July 2020||Notification|
|24 – 27 August 2020||Demo Dates|
CALL FOR ACADEMIC AND INDUSTRIAL DEMOS
The 2020 European Conference on Computer Vision (ECCV 2020) is pleased to invite researchers from both academia and industry to submit applications to present virtual demonstrations. Since the conferences has gone virtual, so will the demos. Virtual demos will entail a pre-recorded demo video and a live Q&A session via video chat. During the Q&A session you have the possibility to run live demos too. This is a unique opportunity to showcase research results and computer vision systems to the conference attendees. All researchers in computer vision and related disciplines are invited to submit an application to present demonstrations at ECCV 2020:
- Academic applications are not limited to papers accepted to ECCV 2020 or its workshops. Any demonstration showcasing the effectiveness of computer vision methods is welcome.
- Industrial applications should submit demos based on their ECCV 2020 accepted papers in the main conference, workshops or other papers published at related venues. The demo can be extended from the paper itself. Demonstrations by industrial partners are welcome if focused on novel research outcomes, while commercial products should be presented as part of the ECCV Exhibits rather than as demonstrations.
Demonstrations will be held virtually during the main conference days of ECCV 2020.
Demonstrators do not need to pay any additional fee other than the Delegate Fee (125 GBP Early Fee) for each person attending the conference. At least 1 demonstrator must register, and they get the full conference access. If there is no associated main conference publication, then they pay no Paper Publication Fee.
If a demonstrator is also a co-author on a main conference paper, then one of the co-authors must pay the Paper Publication fee which includes 1 Delegate Pass that will cover the demonstration.
- Fill out the Demo Application Form
- Deadline for submissions is 24 July 2020.
- Demos will be selected based on their relevance to ECCV 2020 and their scientific merit.
- Demo acceptances will be announced no later than 28 July 2020.
- For all accepted demos, (a) a 3-5 min pre-recorded video should be submitted, and (b) the presence of at least one presenter during the entire assigned demo session is required. This presenter must be registered for ECCV 2020.
- The best demonstration will be awarded the ECCV 2020 Best Demo Prize.